Bernzomatic Torch Kit Review
"The Bernzomatic torch kit has got the flame"
"This review is sponsored by the Home Depot as a part of The Home Depot's Pro-Spective Campaign.
The Bernzomatic Torch Kit comes packed with a TS8000 torch head and a 14.1 oz. MAP-Pro cylinder. There are also torch kits available that comes with a torch holster, which may come in handy for some projects. There is also an extension hose available if you find that you enjoy this torch kit.
TESTING OUT THE BERNZOMATIC TORCH KIT
I really like that this torch kit is easy to use. It features an aluminum body for durability and the small size makes it easily manageable. It can also be pressure regulated for inverted use and cold temperatures.
I don't know if this would take the place of an actual soldering tool, but it is definitely great for charring wood projects and some quick metal soldering activities.
Operation Steps and Safety Tips
This is probably one of the only tools where I actually took the time to read the manual being that we are dealing with fire. Just so you can get a feel for how easy this torch is to start, here is a quick breakdown of the steps I took to get this torch going:
- Make sure the torch is cool.
- Turn flame adjustment knob fully counterclockwise.
- Turn ignition button to on.
- Point the torch in a safe direction and press the ignition button in.
- After flame is extinguished, turn ignition to off.
- After use, turn flame adjustment knob fully clockwise.
- Remove cylinder from torch.
And there you have it, 7 easy steps to operate the Bernzomatic Torch Kit.
Here are a few things to remember when operating/storing the Torch Kit:
- Do not force the flame adjustment knob while turning it off.
- When not in use, be sue to detach the torch from the cylinder and store in separate areas.
- Do not expose the cylinders to super hot conditions (above 120 degrees F)
- Store the cylinder in a well ventilated area.
HOW IT COULD BE BETTER
The gas flow valve knob was very easy to adjust which may also be a con. If you're not paying attention, I can see how it can get moved while in operation without you realizing it. Maybe a little resistance on this knob would make this torch kit that much safer. You can never go wrong with your safety.